Ahsay How To:
Prevent AhsayOBM / AhsayACB from treating data as deleted if the USB drive selected for backup was disconnected? (3191)
For a backup set with data on UBS drive selected for backup, how do I prevent AhsayOBM / AhsayACB from treating the data as deleted (e.g. moving the data to retention), if the USB drive is disconnected from the computer when the backup job was performed?
How to configure the backup set:
1. Share the UBS drive with full permission for everyone (or with specific permission setting if necessary). Refer to the following KB article from Microsoft for details:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7
3. Map the USB drive to a drive letter using a UNC path locally. Refer to the following KB article from Microsoft for details: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7
4. Login to the AhsayOBM / ACB user interface, create a new file type backup set.
5. In the Backup Source selection menu, select the files / folders required for backup from the newly mapped UNC path, instead of the USB drive path.
6. Continue with the New Backup Set Wizard to configure the backup schedule, encryption setting if necessary.