Ahsay Known Issue:
Logout reminder is not displayed or is exiting too fast (Windows 8 or newer releases) (3138)
AhsayACB / AhsayOBM: Pre-22.214.171.124
OS: Windows 8 or newer releases
For AhsayOBM / ACB installation on Windows 8 or newer releases (e.g. Windows 8.1 / 10 / 2012 Server), the System Logout Backup Reminder menu is not displayed, or is existing too fast for the user to interact with.
The System Logout Backup Reminder was terminated by the operating system, because the auto-termination of application feature on the operating system is enabled.
To resolve the issue, disable the auto-termination of application feature on the corresponding client computer:
Open the Local Group Policy Editor.
1. In the Windows Run console (Win+R hotkey), enter gpedit:
The operating system account must have administrative rights to open and change local policies.
2. Navigate to Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, Shutdown Options.
3. Double-click Turn off automatic termination of applications that block or cancel shutdown policy setting.
4. Select Enabled option from the top, and then OK.
This will set Windows to look for applications without top-level windows at system shutdown, and suspend the system shutdown as long as their processes are running in the background.
5. Close the Local Group Policy Editor afterward.
6. In the Run console, type gpupdate /force, and hit the Enter key to update the local group policy:
7. The System Logout Backup Reminder will be prompted next time when the user log out or when the computer is powered off