Ahsay How To:
Perform a Farm restore for SharePoint Server 2010 and 2013? (2430)
Refer to the following steps to restore your SharePoint server:
1. Login to the Sharepoint Server as a member of the Farm Administrators SharePoint group, install AhsayOBM.
2. Restore the data from the Sharepoint Farm backup set via AhsayOBM.
3. Login to the Central Administration, on the Home page, in the Backup and Restore section, click Restore from a backup.
Restore from Backup:
1. In the Backup Directory Location text box, type in the directory or UNC path of the correct backup folder, and then click Refresh. Select Backup to Restore page, from the list of backups, select the backup job that contains the farm backup, and then click Next
You can view more details about each backup by clicking the (+) next to the backup.
2. Select the check box that is next to the farm, and then click Next
3. In the Restore Component section, ensure that Farm appears in the Restore the following component list.
4. In the Restore Only Configuration Settings section, ensure that the Restore content and configuration settings option is selected.
5. In the Restore Options section, under Type of Restore, select the Same configuration option. A dialog box will appear that asks you to confirm the operation. Click OK.
6. Click Start Restore at the bottom of the page.
7. You can view the general status of all recovery jobs at the top of the Backup and Restore Job Status page in the Readiness section.
You can view the status for the current recovery job in the lower part of the page in the Restore section.
8. When the restore process is completed, you must restart one or more service applications. In Central Administration, on the Home page, in the Application Management section, click Manage services on server
9. On the Services on Server page, start any service applications that are not started, by clicking Start in the Actions column next to the service application